Fix what the factory forgot: now you can add a Fresh-or-Recirculate cabin air control to any Vanagon.
Complete kit adds a cable-controlled closure door to the cabin fresh air inlet scoop behind the front grille, and a one-way recirculating valve to the heater/vent box. Limit entry of cold air when heating and hot air when using air conditioning, making both systems more effective and easier to control. When inlet door is closed, the one-way flapper valve automatically allows the fresh air fan to recirculate cabin air instead.
Choose either control method:
1. Pull-Knob Control: inlet door is operated independently by a pull-knob control cable mounted right below the heater control levers. This method is simplest to install and gives the most positive operation of the inlet door. Requires drilling one 3/8″ hole in steel dashboard below existing ventilation control lever panel (see picture).
2. Vent Lever Control: if you prefer a visually seamless installation, inlet door is operated invisibly by a cable worked by the bottom stock vent control lever. The inlet is fully closed when the lever is moved to the right and opens in the first half of leftward lever movement. This allows you to still control the amount of air routed to the rear overhead vents.
Can be installed in any year/model Vanagon or T3 pickup with any style upper grille in about two hours.
Does not require removal of dash board.
Complete Kit Includes:
- Steel inlet door with foam and rubber seal.
- Foam/aluminum door support inserts.
- Bellcrank assembly to transfer cable motion to door.
- Recirculation flapper valve.
- Steel-mesh pest screen.
- Control cable of your choice.
- Every part and fastener required for installation.
- Detailed, downloadable instructions.