Vanistan engine oil cooler kits put a lid on high engine oil temperatures and put an end to flickering warning lights and terrifying buzzers. Keeping temps below 230ºF extends the life of your engine oil, too, so you can get optimal service for the maximum mileage, saving money and resources while protecting your engine for the long run.
Our oil cooler assemblies install neatly inside the Vanagon’s right-rear D-pillar box cavity to use air that flows naturally down the rear body pillar ducts for cooling. Closely-fitted mounting panels channel the airflow thru a top-quality oil-to-air heat exchanger.
The Deluxe Oil Cooler Kit has a thermostatically-controlled high-volume fan to boost cooling for high loads and during low-speed offroad driving where rpms are often high enough to raise oil temp, but vehicle speed is too low to induce airflow in the pillar duct.
Oil flow to the cooler is controlled by a Mocal sandwich adapter unit with thermostatic bypass valve, so full engine warmup is never delayed and oil is never overcooled.
Both kits also allow the engine to continue to get its intake air directly from the pillar duct, where the air is cooler and cleaner. The Deluxe fan-equipped kit even allows the included duct hose to join the existing snorkel duct hose on Syncros and late 2WD vans.
Installation is easy in about 2 hours using common tools.
The Deluxe Fan-equipped Oil cooler kit includes:
- US-made Earl’s 19-row oil/air heat exchanger.
- Spal 6.5″ 330cfm pusher fan.
- 18ga. fitted stainless steel mounting panels.
- Adjustable fan thermo-controller with 30A relay, temp sensor and custom wiring harness.
- Mocal sandwich adapter with thermal bypass-valve.
- Aeroquip black AN-8 hoses with black anodized end fittings and stainless crimp clamps.
- Black rubber engine intake air duct hose, coupler pipe and stainless clamps.
- Every part, fitting and fastener needed.
- Detailed, downloadable instructions.
- Fan-equipped cooler unit will fit any wasserboxer Vanagon.
- Can also be fitted to popular conversion engines, email for details.
- Will not fit T3 Doka and Sika trucks
- Not for aircooled engines.
Please note that if your engine DOES NOT have oil/water heat exchanger above oil filter the kit will cost $90 more for special plumbing parts to install the sandwich adapter.